KANSAS CITY, MO – A new ultra-low-cost airline offering dramatically discounted rates and an innovative a la carte pricing model will begin flying this fall between a handful of Midwestern cities in addition to landing at several of them.
The airline, which will fly under the name Bujit, plans to offer some of the industry’s lowest prices by slashing costs related to training, maintenance and repairs. They will also derive revenue from a a la carte pricing model popularized by Ryanair in Europe and several domestic airlines. These fees include:
- $3.50 for the use of oxygen after a loss of cabin pressure
- $5.50 per passenger to extinguish fires in the engine and/or cockpit
- $7.50 to identify a passenger’s remains after a crash; additional $2.50 to notify next of kin
- $9.50 for flotation cushions to detach after a water landing
- $12.50 for a water landing